The idea of this policy is to educate the user as to what personal information is being captured by us and where the same is being used. It describes the principles and practices that apply to Personal Information (defined below) collected from users of our services ("you") on our Site, in telephone or e-mail communications, or in interviews, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or raffles.
• We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission
• We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
When you Purchase Products or Services for a third party
When you Purchase Products or Services for a third party using your Member ID and password, we will collect that third party's name and contact information, and other information as required by the travel service provider(s), so that we can complete the booking.
How we use the personal information we collect
We use the personal information we collect to help both of us! As we mentioned above, registering with us allows you to personalize our Web site so that it is most useful to you. It also allows you to log into our site automatically each time you visit, rather than manually typing your user name and password every time. By registering you can also track your history of transactions that you have done on our site which is available in the form of a Dossier. We may also use this information to periodically contact you with news or important information or to request your feedback on our site. In addition to these periodic updates, we may email you additional materials, but only if you specifically request them. These might include opt-in newsletters and other materials that you proactively request.
In addition to these communications, if you have provided an email address, we may use your personal information to send you notifications about special offers or to tell you about opportunities available from our partners. You may opt-out of any or all marketing communications in any commercial e-mail we send or at any time, as well as access and update your personal information, by visiting http://www.alctravels.com
Disclosure of your personal information
• ALC Travels does not sell or rent any personal information to any third party, other than our partners, as discussed in this policy. We may aggregate personal information from all of our users and provide that information in the aggregate to other parties, including advertisers, for marketing and promotional purposes. However, if we do so, that information will not be in a form that will allow any third party to identify you personally.
• We may share some of your personally identifiable information with our subsidiaries and sister companies around the world that are committed to providing you with a comprehensive array of travel packages and services to meet your travel needs. Sharing this information allows us to better understand the ways in which our various product and service offerings can assist travelers. It also enables us to provide you with information about travel opportunities in which you might be interested. We do not place restrictions on the use of personal information by our subsidiaries, or affiliates but they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications, and give you an opportunity in any such email that they send to choose not to receive such promotional e-mail messages in the future.
• We also may share your personal information with third-parties specifically engaged by ALC Travels to provide services such as Airlines, Hotels, Ground Handlers, Insurance Companies, Product Companies and advertising agencies, in which case we will require those parties to agree to use any such personally-identifiable data solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to you. We may also use the information to provide to government agencies like RBI, Banks etc as per the laws of the country.
How you can review and update your personal information
We reserve the right to change this policy should we deem it advisable to do so. If we make material changes that will affect personal information we have already collected from you, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the changes and to give you the opportunity to amend or cancel your registration.